KT DRAGON AFTERCARE TATTOO INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing KT DRAGON to create a work of art on your body. We take the utmost pride in the tattoos we create, so we ask that the aftercare instructions are performed accordingly to these instructions. Remember, with every great tattoo, aftercare plays 50% of the outcome. Please read carefully to ensure the best outcome for your tattoo
1:Remove the wrap/bandage in a CLEAN bathroom after 1-3 hours. Once removed, on the first night, the tattoo may stick to or stain bed sheets. Maintain clean beddings and sheets throughout the healing process. ( 2 weeks)
2:After removing the wrap/bandage, wash the tattoo immediately with warm water and soap. We recommend using a plain bar soap or plain dial out of a pump bottle.
PROCESS FOR WASHING A FRESH TATTOO
-Carefully remove any tape wrapping the bandage/wrap.
-Lather up the soap with your hand and warm water
-Gently clean the tattoo using a circular motion until all ointment, blood, and lymphatic fluids are removed. (Very important to not allow the plasma to dry over your tattoo over. This causes hard scabs)
-Rinse the tattoo with cool water and wash once again, gently, until the skin is nice and clean.
-You may use a hair dryer on “cool” settings, but using a paper towel is fine. Use a clean paper towel and only dab the tattoo.
3. Only use CLEAN HANDS EVERYTIME to wash your tattoo. NO NO NO washcloths, bath towels, bath sponges, or loofahs on a fresh tattoo. Avoid abrasion and lent.
4. Once the tattoo is dry, apply AQUAPHOR or HUSTLEBUTTER healing ointment. Apply a very very very very thin layer and rub it in. Then dab off any excess off with a clean paper towel. Use the AQUAPHOR or HUSTLEBUTTER for 2 days to speed up the healing process. Then it is VERY IMPORTANT to switch to FRAGRANCE FREE lotion such a AVEENO, LUBIDERM, ST. IVES, CUREL, JERGENS. Name brand isn’t very important. But AVEENO has worked quite well in my experience.
5. Fresh tattoos sometimes “weep” during the first couple of days, meaning that plasma and ink may form a thin moist coating over the fresh tattoo. This can be DABBED off with a clean paper towel. PLEASE DO NOT let this dry over your tattoo. It will produce hard scabbing. Hard scabbing isn’t bad for your tattoo, but premature peeling may take some ink out with the scabs. Press the paper towel to the skin and remove. DO NOT wipe the tattoo or be rough with it. DO NOT panic when you see the colors of the tattoo on the paper towel, or on your hands as you clean it. This is simply excess ink being sloughed from the surface of the skin.
6. Once a day, in the shower, is usually enough cleaning for your new tattoo. Sometimes its ok to wash it 2 times a day. Consult your artist if you plan to do any strenuous activity such as workout, or outdoor activities within the first ten days of having your tattoo. Lotion may be applied to the tattoo as it dries out every 2-4 hours; however if your skin is extremely sensitive, lotion may cause acne-like breakouts. This can be taken care of by reducing the number of lotion applications per day.
7. Wear loose, preferably cotton/drifit clothing over the fresh tattoo. The tattoo need not be rebandaged except in certain rare instances. A bra strap, tight waistband , sweaty gym shoe or itchy bottom sweater can potentially create healing problems. Consult your artist for advice on what clothing to wear or avoid. If you choose to rebandage your tattoo after washing be sure that only sterile bandages are used.
8.After a few days, the tattoo wil begin to form flaky scabs that wil fall off on their own. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO. Keep it moisturized and the scabs will slough eventually. Once again, they wil be the color of the tattoo. It normally takes 2-3 weeks for a tattoo to completely heal. If you have any questions about your healing, please contact one of our artists. Please do not consult your friends about healing issues, as everyone’s experience is different and unique. Our artist are more than happy to help you with any concerns.
9.Avoid all outdoor activities and direct sunlight. If you’re going to be outside, its best to be in shaded areas and out of direct heat/sunlight. It’s better to avoid outdoors. Plan your appointment accordingly after your outdoor activities.
Also no outdoor water should come in contact with your tattoo. No rivers, lakes, oceans, beaches, baths, swimming pools, hot tubs, etc. only quick showers.
Please read carefully and follow instructions very carefully. Thank you once again for choosing us to do your tattoo!